Impact on Missouri's Essential Services
Missourians are being asked by mercenary strangers paid by a billionaire to sign petitions to put the unfair "Almost Everything Tax" on the November 2012 ballot. Missourians for Fair Taxation respectfully asks that our Missouri neighbors DECLINE TO SIGN these petitions. It is in the best interest of Missouri families that this risky scheme be stopped BEFORE it can reach the ballot.
- It QUADRUPLES the state sales tax on groceries, harming families, seniors and low-and-middle income Missourians, but not the bad idea’s billionaire backer, who would have his income taxes reduced.
- It puts NEW HIGHER SALES TAXES on almost everything Missourians purchase every day, from births to funerals. It is truly a cradle to grave tax on Almost Everything.
- It forces a BUDGET SHORTFALL OF AT LEAST $2.5 BILLION in Missouri state general revenues on which we rely for essential services including public schools and prisons.
- It creates MASSIVE NEW GOVERNMENT BUREAUCRACY, including hiring MORE GOVERNMENT LAWYERS to fight inevitable lawsuits over this risky unfair tax scheme.
- And IT DOES NOTHING ABOUT THE FEDERAL INCOME TAX.
If you are presented with a petition for what the paid mercenaries with petitions will slyly call the "Missouri Taxpayer Relief Act", know that it is really a Missouri Taxpayer Deceit Act -- establishing the "Almost Everything Tax" on purchases Missourians make every day.
PLEASE DECLINE TO SIGN THE "ALMOST EVERYTHING TAX" PETITION.